New clip released for Arrow Film's release of THRESHOLD (NEWS)
Available on Blu-ray with an array of exclusive extras including audio commentary with directors Powell Robinson & Patrick R. Young, producer Lauren Bates and lead actors Joey Millin and Madison West; The Sounds of Threshold original soundtrack; Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Coffee and Cigarettes.
When a phone call from out of the blue brings Leo (Joey Millin) back into contact with his sister, Virginia (Madison West), long estranged from her family due to years of drug abuse, he arrives to find her alone in a bare apartment in the midst of an apparent overdose. After the convulsions and nausea subside, Virginia insists to Leo that she has been clean for 8 months due to the help of a mysterious group. She confides to her cynical brother that her edginess and paranoia actually stem from a sinister ritual conducted by the group that took her in at her lowest and eventually revealed themselves to be a cult. This curse bound her emotions and physical sensations to a man she has never met before.
With his marriage on the rocks, Leo has his own demons to face. Nonetheless, he is reluctantly persuaded by Virginia to embark on a cross-country road trip to track down this shadowy stranger under the caveat that if he's nowhere to be found and it's all in her head, she'll go to rehab. However, as their date with destiny draws nearer, Leo begins to suspect his sister’s tall tale might have some substance.
Threshold, the second feature from co-directors Powell Robinson and Patrick R Young, following their debut Bastard (2015), was improvised and shot on two iPhones over the course of a 12-day road trip with a crew of just three. The result is an inventive and compelling psychological thriller with hints of the supernatural that recalls such indie cult classics as Ben Wheatley’s Kill List (2011) and Justin Benson And Aaron Moorhead’s Resolution (2013).
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• High Definition (1080p) Blu-rayTM presentation
• Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Brand new audio commentary with directors Powell Robinson & Patrick R. Young, producer Lauren Bates and lead actors Joey Millin and Madison West
• Brand new audio commentary with directors Powell Robinson & Patrick R Young, and editor William Ford-Conway
• Crossing the Threshold, a feature-length documentary on the making of Threshold
• Elevating iPhone Footage: Color Correction Breakdown
• Something from Nothing: Indie Genre Director Roundtable moderated by Scott Weinberg with directors Powell Robinson & Patrick R Young (Threshold), Brandon Espy (We Follow You), James Byrkit (Coherence), Zach Donohue (The Den) and Elle Callahan (Witch Hunt)
• The Power of Indie Horror - Acting for Unconventional Film roundtable discussion moderated by Zena Dixon with the actors Madison West and Joey Millin (Threshold), Kelsey Griswold (Followed), Gabrielle Walsh (Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones) and Ryan Shoos (The Gallows)
• The Sounds of Threshold original soundtrack
• Threshold original outline script
• Trailer and original teaser
• Image gallery
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Coffee and Cigarettes
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anton Bitel
Director: Powell Robinson, Patrick Robert Young
Cast: Joey Millin, Madison West
Genre: Drama / Horror
Duration: 78 mins
Subtitles: English SDH
Aspect Ratio: 2:1
BD Cat No: FCD2152
BD Barcode: 5027035023212
For more information on this title, visit the Arrow website