101 Films presents cult sci-fi horror THE BRAIN (1988), an extraterrestrial overdose of
cerebral terror and media mind control, and a throwback to the sci-fi movies of the ‘50s
from director Ed Hunt (BLOODY BIRTHDAY), available on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK
and title 027 on the 101 Films Black Label.
Stacked with extras, including three commentaries and a new interview with composer
Paul Zaza, the first 3000 units come with Limited Edition slipcase, and a booklet with new
writing on the film.
Synopsis: Imagine a pulsating mass of grey matter, expanding in size and strength as it
takes control of human minds and devours human bodies. It could never happen, right?
Just watch Independent Thinking, starring Dr. Anthony Blakely (David Gale, Re-Animator),
a hot TV programme. But as the show’s ratings continue to soar, so does the suicide and
murder rate among its viewers. What they don’t know is that Dr. Blakely has teamed with
an alien brain and plans to gain control of all humanity.
• Limited Edition Booklet: Includes ‘Ed Trauma’ by Andrew Graves and ‘Thoughts for Food: TV Terrors and other prevalent anxieties in The Brain’ by Liam Hathaway (NEW)
• Sounds of the Mind: Paul Zaza on the Brain (NEW)
• 2K Scan of the original negative
• Commentary with director Ed Hunt
• Commentary with composer Paul Zaza
• Commentary with actor Tom Bresnahan
• Canada on the Mind – An interview with actress Cynthia Preston
• From Monster Kid to Monster Man – An interview with actor George Buza
• Brain Art – An interview with assistant art director Michael Borthwick
• Food For Thought: A Love Letter To The Brain
• Still Gallery